Thursday 26 March 2009

Turner Duckworth pt2


On the 5th of March 2009 i visited Jamie McCathie a designer of Turner Duckworth (London). I was originally scheduled to meet Jamie in the studio but, due to the fact the agency had just recently won a Grammy, work was hectic. So we arranged to meet in the pub next door which suited me down to the ground (good times). 

The portfolio viewing itself went well and i am appreciative of the feedback he gave me. I showed both my 2nd year portfolio and the work i was currently working on i.e Berghaus, Homebase packaging and my final Child Obesity campaign. Due to Turner Duckworth setting the D&AD brief and Jamie preliminarily working in packaging i was specifically looking forward to show him my 'mocked-up' seed packets. His response was positive and liked the concept/art direction but, because he is a judge he was unable to go into much more detail. 

My Child Obesity scamps produced good discussion too. Jamie's opinion on a subject such as obesity is that i should possible think about mixing humour with fact? creating outcomes that are not morbid but, informative. A memorable quote from the viewing was "a great idea can be something described in one sentence" a sentiment i now apply to all of my ideas.

Speed is the key within communication, to connect in a glance. 

We exchanged email addresses and i intend to keep in contact. I hope to mail Jamie some examples of my seed packets in the near future. 

See the Jamie from Turner Duckworth post i posted a few days ago.

No comments: